Wednesday, March 2, 2011

9 Years

Wes and I are celebrating 9 years of marriage today! What a blessing it is to say that.

The pic below is one of the only pictures I could find of us on our wedding day. All of the others are in storage. I remember that day so vividly. One, because it was the happiest day of my life to that point, but the other because it was the coldest day EVER in Houston. We planned an outdoor wedding in March thinking that the temperature would be mild...but a cold front blew through 2 hours before the wedding, and it was 19 degrees!! Needless to say, the outdoor festivities had to be moved inside at the last minute. It was a VERY cozy wedding. It was actually so much fun, because everyone HAD to mingle. We laughed A LOT!!

This is the chorus from one of my favorite "love" songs by Watermark.

Remember I promised forever
Life brings change
But my promise is the same
And through these years we've been together
Life has made us grow
But through it all I know
No matter what may come
My heart was made for you forever


Wes, I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else. And, although this marriage thing is work...when we're good at it...and we make the effort....we're REALLY good!

I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment