Monday, September 27, 2010

Emily's Baby Shower - Welcome Baby Brannon!!!



This past Saturday my Mom and dear friend Elaine and I hosted a baby shower at my house for our best friend, Emily. Here we are with the guest of honor. She is due Nov 2nd, and chose not to find out what she is having. So in a few short weeks we will be welcoming a Baby Jay or Baby Lily. CAN'T WAIT!!! I thought I would share some pictures of the shower. We had SO much fun putting this together! I live for this stuff. I also had to share pictures, because this will officially be the last party I host in my house (tear).
Here is Emily with (from left) her Sister, Niece, Mom, and Mother-In-Law
Buffet Table - Roast Beef Sandwiches w/Mustard Horseradish Sauce, Salad w/Apples, Candied Pecans, and Goat Cheese, Gazpacho w/Shrimp, Parmesan Breadsticks, Strawberries w/Chocolate or Cream Cheese Dip
Iced Tea, Cranberry Lemon-Lime Punch, and Water
Place Setting w/Sugar Cookie Favor made by friend Robin (who I am amazed by!!!) She free hand decorated these cookies! They were just BEAUTIFUL!! I had her make a boy outfit...
and a girl outfit
Baby tree with vintage baby cards, pacifiers, ribbon, and initials for Jay and Lily
The weather turned out to be PERFECT Saturday (Thank you, Lord). We sat outside on the porch. It was so nice!

Wes's Aunt Debra made a quilt for each of the girls when they were born. She is so gifted. I thought they would work perfect as decoration on the table - because they were so pretty and she used all sorts of soft beautiful fabrics that worked great for a gender neutral shower.
Some of the flowers - I found some vintage baby flower vases on ebay, and bought the flowers from Sam's Club
I also found these wire baby carriages online

Dessert Table
More BEAUTIFUL cookies from Robin. She made baby carriages, monogram cookies, and baby bottles in addition to the outfits.
Diaper Cake on the dessert table
Baby Lily Cake
Baby Jay Cake

And, then I had to share this picture...couldn't resist. Wednesday is the girl's Mother's Day Out day, and they are ALWAYS so tired when they come home. I usually feed the twins dinner before Wes and I eat because they usually can't wait until he gets home. So, when we eat dinner, they sit in their exersaucer for a few minutes and watch a video. Well, Ella loves to treat the twins like her little babies, and she apparently gave Molly a pillow...this is what I found. My Molly sweetness....tired baby.

Hope you had a wonderful FALL weekend!!
Keep the Faith,
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Amy - you should go into business as a party thrower! This was an AMAZING shower! Every detail is so sweet and special.
    And those might be the cutest cookies Robin has made yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shower!!! You did such a great job. And I really loved doing the cookies! I might have to use the dress and longall idea again!

    ReplyDelete