Friday, September 18, 2009

The Eyes of Texas are upon you..Part 2 and 3

From Lake Livingston our trip continued into Houston to visit my Mom's parents, Nan and Pop. Wes stayed at the lake with his Dad. I was a little anxious about continuing our trip without him, but I knew we could make it work. We arrived at Nan and Pop's at about 6 pm and when I turned the corner there were literally 15 cars parked in the cul-de-sac!! Boy did we have a welcome committee!! I thought everything would be fine, but the minute we walked in the door, the twins melted. It took me 2 hours to get them settled down. I think there was too much commotion. I would get one settled down and hand them off, and it would start all over again. Ella saw her Papa, my Dad, and she was just fine. So, at least she was taken care of. I obviously didn't get any photos of my family that were there to greet me, but I think my Aunt Peggy did, so hopefully I will have some pictures to post of everyone.

The next 2 days I visited with my grandparents and had a few special visitors. I so enjoyed my time here. My Nan and I got to talk a lot. We have a lot in common, despite the age difference. My Mom and Dad both worked during my visit, but ate dinner with us and visited each night.

Nan and Molly
Aunt Donna, my Mom's Sister, and the twins. My Aunt Donna has an amazing story that is way too long to share here, but over the last 20+ years she has undergone 2 kidney transplants (one from my Pop, her dad, and the other from her husband, Tom). She is an inspiration!! When I have a bad day I think of her and her perseverance. She always has an amazing attitude and outlook. She is a walking miracle!
Mom and Ruby
My grandmother has an collection of antique miniature chairs. Ella LOVED this particular chair and would climb in and out of it constantly. Just her size.
Ella with her "Angel Bear". This bear sings "Just call me Angel of the morning...". It was a gift from one of my grandmother's good friends, Carol, at Ella's Baby Shower. Carol actually came for a quick visit this trip and I was so happy we brought the bear with us so she could see how much Ella loves it. This chair is an antique high chair, I remember sitting in this chair when I was young. Ella loved sitting in it.

Come to think of it, I didn't get a lot of pictures, period. I'm not sure why??

PART 3 - "THE FARM"

Thursday morning, I packed everyone up and we hit the road again. This time we drove about 3 1/2 hours to see my dad's parents, Bobo and Pop. They live in East Texas. My Mom took Thursday and Friday off and she road with me. We picked up Wes on the way. My brother, Grant, and Lisa (my older brother, Jim's, Fiance) arrived Friday afternoon. My dad and Jim arrived late Friday evening.

All of the grandchildren have called Bobo and Pop's place "The Farm" since I can remember...we have always loved going to the farm. They have quite a few acres, so we could basically roam freely with no worries growing up. We would cruise around in old cars, golf carts, 4-wheelers, etc. It's where I learned how to fish and where my brothers learned to hunt. We have countless memories of "The Farm". I hope our girls have just as many memories here. Here is Ella with her Daddy...first 4-wheeling experience. Needless to say I was a little nervous, but Wes just did a few loops. Ella LOVES the outdoors.


Ella saw her first turtle - it was pretty funny!

Bobo and Molly

Mom, Bobo, and Molly
Aunt Vicki with Molly. Aunt Vicki, my dad's sister, came to stay with us for a month when
the twins were about a month old. She was an answered prayer and I will NEVER forget her visit. She cooked, cleaned, fed babies, helped with Ella, and most importantly gave godly advice and counsel. God placed her in my life when I was experiencing MAJOR anxiety about my new responsibilities and she was the perfect answer to my prayers. God knows exactly what we need, all the time!

Pop with Ruby - Pop turned 90 years old this Summer.
Bobo with Molly
It was so good to see my grandparents, and I was so happy they got to hold their 3 great-grandchildren.
Jim and Lisa feeding the twins. I think this was the first morning feed, not sure. Anyway, I think Jim was pretty sure he only wanted one baby at a time, someday. Jim and Lisa will get married in June 2010. We are SOOOO excited! Lisa couldn't be a more perfect addition to the family.

Mom playing with Ruby
I had to end on this picture. This was pretty much the site all weekend...Papa following Ella, Ella in Papa's arms or on his lap. My dad cannot get enough of Ella. Ella adores her Papa. She just lights up when she sees him...so does he.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a big trip! You are way braver than I am, hitting the road with the little ones! It's so hard to do and there's always a meltdown or crisis. I know your family was so happy to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so glad ya'll had a good time!!! i loved ella's face when she saw the turtle, too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete