Thursday, August 27, 2009

Just Another Manic Thursday

Well, there was nothing special going on in the Sweet household today. Except for minor chaos occasionally throughout the day. I've come to expect it, and accept it. Tuesday and Thursday are particularly rough days in our house. It's 3 to 1 child to parent ratio from 6:30 am - 6:30 pm. So, needless to say I don't get ANYTHING done other than meeting basic needs. I did manage to change out of my pajamas and put a touch of make up on my face, which is a pretty big achievement for such a day. Not a consistent occurrence, just ask Wes.

MDO started this week and the twins are going now in addition to Ella. I feel so guilty saying this, but it is SO wonderful to get out of the house (during daylight hours)! Really, it just renews you. When I do get out for a little bit on my own, I like to stop by a few of my favorite consignment and resale shops. Everyone is having huge Summer sales, 50% off or more, which is really great when the clothes are already $3-$7 as it is. Honestly, a steal. I picked up a few outfits for the twins (I was able to find some matching outfits) and a few books and puzzles for Ella. I also got Ella some sparkly pink shoes seen in the pic below. She loves them. I'm trying to grab a few things here and there for our trip to Texas next week. I find its great to have some new toys for the trip (or at least new to Ella). It makes things go much smoother.




The twins are almost 5 months old and we have been working on learning to eat cereal for most of this month. It was much easier with Ella. She really took to it quite well and then on to solid food rather quickly, which was so much easier. Ruby seems to like it better and is doing really well with the whole tongue thrust issue...Molly is a different story.

Molly
Ruby


I received a lot of really cute bibs for the twins as baby gifts. These bibs were a gift from my cousin Anne-Marie in Houston. My friend Isabel made the spoons for Molly and Ruby. They are actually very handy...I don't have to remember who used which spoon.

Well, it's 7:30 and all the girls are bathed and in pajamas...it's starting to quiet down. Now to the dishes in the sink and the pile of laundry. Calgon, take me away!

1 comment:

  1. Well I am just THRILLED to find out you are blogging now!!! I can't believe M&R are almost 5 months old already!!! I'm so glad they are all going to MDO! I was wondering if you were doing that and hoping you did get some time! It does make a huge difference in mothering, huh?
    Some T or TH soon - I want to plan to come visit you and I'll wear shorts and no make-up (ha!) and just visit with you and help! Maybe it will break up your day.

    ReplyDelete